Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all eat extra for me and James! haha Take lots of pics for us. I'll make sure to take pictures here too! Sounds like you had a busy week. Things will get even crazier as Christmas approaches Im sure. Tis truly the most wonderful time of the year! I cant wait to have Christmas here in Kirtland again, it's going to be awesome! I'll miss all of you of course, but there's something about this place that is magical at Christmas.

So tomorrow is transfers and as you all know I will be getting transferred. I actually already know where I'll be serving and who my companion will be. I have been extended a call to be Training Sister. No this doesnt mean that I'll be training a new Sister. I think I may have explained what a Training Sister is before, but I'll do it again just incase you have forgotten haha. Well, basically Training Sisters are a companionship that act as the assistants to the Site director. It's the Sister equivalent of an A.P. I guess. I'm not telling you this to brag by any means....Im actually telling you all this because I feel extremely overwhelmed and can use any advice you have to offer! Prayers would be nice too! I'll be Training Sister until the end of my mission. I feel humbled yet blessed to be able to serve in this capacity. President Sorensen, my Mission President, pulled me and Sister Stewart (my companion starting tomorrow) aside after the investigator fireside the other night. He told us that we are the "transition" Training Sisters. Meaning that we'll essentially be the ones to train the new Site Director who comes in January. No pressure! Yikes. I'll only get to serve with our current Site Director (Elder Butterfield) for one transfer before he leaves I love the Butterfields so much, Im gonna have a hard time when they leave! But this new Site Director will be awesome too. His name is Elder Edmond (not sure on the spelling?) and he's a former Mission President and former President of the MTC. It's going to be a crazy next 6 months, but I'm excited. I'll end my mission in the same ward that I started out in and will move back into the Hyrum Smith home!

In other news the musical fireside went well! Sister Park and I did a duet of "Jesus was No Ordinary Man". Tonight all of us Sisters get another opportunity to sing in the Kirtland Temple! Its for the Thanksgiving program. I LOVE being able to be in the temple! Did I tell you that the Stake President here (President Haymond) promised that KIrtland would receive a working Temple if members here attend the Colombus temple more regularly? Pretty cool huh?

Some more news, we gave a tour to a former Mission President (and his family) who are from Sacramento! He knows President Treadway too, because he used to be the Antelope Stake President. He just got back from serving as the President of the Arizona Mesa Mission in June. I think President Bassett was his name. We had a good time with him and his family.

Also, we had a lesson with our investigator Brenda in the baptismal font at the church. Yes I said IN the font, but no there wasnt any water in it haha. We talked about her baptismal day (Dec 18th) and how she'll feel as she steps into the font to make that covenant with Heavenly Father. It was pretty sweet!

Well, that's all the news from me. I hope you all have a great week ahead and know that you are all in my prayers! Love you tons! Thanks for everything! This gospel is true!
Love
Sister Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment