Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Companion is from Hurricane!

Hello everyone!
 Mom thankyou so much for telling me about Pres Treadway coming today! Im soooooo excited to give him a tour! I'll make sure to take pics and send them next week! Im glad you all had a good Thanksgiving! I cant believe Christmas will be here in no time! I did think of a few things that you could send me for Christmas, if you want to that is. Any colorful/cute scarfs would be much appreciated! There are some good ones at Target.
Well, this week has been crazy! Nope, Im not quite settled into the house yet, all of my clothes are still packed up. Im hoping to unpack today, but it looks like I might run low on time. The good news is that this is the last time I'll have to unpack before I come home :)
Sister Stewart my companion is from Hurricane, Utah! Her older brother Brad dated Jaycee's sister Amber way back yonder. Jaycee you probably know some of her older siblings too. She's one of 14 kids, so youre bound to know a few Stewarts right? haha I love Sister Stewart! People (senior couples) would always get us confused. They say we look alike. We lived together in the Boynton home and she's a really close friend of mine here. So needless to say I'm happy :)
Thanksgiving was good for me too! I ate LOTS! The weather wasnt so great so our Turkey Bowl had to be altered a bit. Instead of playing out in the rain (c'mom we're Sisters we cant afford to get mud in our hair!) we decided to go to the church building and play knock out and a few other games. It was fun! I didnt take pics because my camera died but I got one group photo. Elder Butterfield even played with us in his white shirt slacks haha. The dinner was awesome. At the end of the dinner one of our favorite senior couples (the Grays) bore their testimonies because they were leaving the next day to go home. Their last request was to have all of us Sisters sing the Ohio Cleveland Mission song. It was a mess! We were ALL in tears after the first verse.
The rest of the day we took it easy. We had to plan for the upcoming week, and that took 5 hours! The longest weekly planning session of my life. If you want to know what we do for weekly planning go to chapter 8 in Preach My Gospel and we do everything from 1-13 under weekly planning! Since Sister Stewart and I are both new to the area it took longer than usual.
We've already seen a few miracles in the past few days. We were able to find 2 new investigators, one of which came to church and we set a baptismal date with him! His name is Bruce. He's a character! Ill tell you more about him next week!
Tomorrow is our first training meeting. Sister Stewart and I are nervous, but we're relying heavily on the Lord. We are responsible for training all the Kirtland Sisters (24 of them) each week. We use Preach My Gospel, our Kirtland Guide, and the scriptures to give workshops.  This time around we're focusing on diligence in the phone room (referral center).
 I'll let you know how it goes! Also tomorrow, Sister Stewart and I have been invited to attend the Zone Leader counsel. It's a meeting where the Zone Leaders, Assistants to the President, and the Mission President get together to discuss the needs and concerns of the missionaries in the mission. I'm sure it will be inspiring and uplifting...at least I hope so because it's 51/2 hours long!
Well, I better go. Thankyou all for your love and support! Oh and for the birthday wishes too :) I cant believe how old I am! Yikes. Anyways, I hope all of you have a great week!
Sister Kingston
p.s. Mom thanks so much for putting money into my account! It looks like my school
applications arent technically due until Feb. 1, 2011. Whew! So the money will just sit for now until Im ready to send them off :) Love ya!
p.p.s I think the photos are pretty self explanatory except for the one where Im in the tub haha. Well here's the back story. Once upon a time there used to be only 2 "showers" in the Smith home. One of them (the one you see pictured) we call the midget shower. Sorry it's not pc. Anyways, no one ever wanted to shower in it because you have to sit down (the ceiling is too low to stand). Well, I didnt want to wait forever to get into the shower (6 girls and one shower= no good) so I decided to just use the midget shower. It then became my shower. So when I moved back into the Smith home this past week, I found this in the bathroom. Sister Schumann and Sister Wright (they just went home this week) put it together! The sticky notes say "Welcome Back Sista Kingston" and something about sitting Indian style haha. Oh and the pink thing is a sheet. One day my companion decided to wash my towel w/out drying it...so I had to use a sheet haha. So there are now three showers in the Smith home......but I still use the midget shower! Its more for nostalgia than anything else. Yes Im weird.
- Show quoted text -










No comments:

Post a Comment