Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Hey Mom Dad and everyone else!
Mom thanks for forwarding James' e-mail! Dad it sounds like you did get a little taste of what missionary work is like. It's a roller coaster of emotions isnt it? Im glad you had a good experience though. Im excited to see Cosa's condo! You should send pics! Im glad to hear that the primary program went well. The ward Im serving in has theirs in November. Im really excited for it! I hope you had a good time with Aunt Leslie and Uncle Max. That pic of Dad and Uncle Max cracked me up! The story of Maile almost made me cry! I love those kids so much!
Well, you all fail in helping me figure out my Halloween costume. Fortunately, I already came up with one. So I've been shooting down (very nicely of course) all of my companion's ideas for costumes. She wanted to be the two women in the King Solomon cutting the baby story in the Bible. (I could have phrased that better but Im too lazy haha). I told her that wasnt good enough...that we had to think of something clever. Well, I did my best to channel my inner Jim (from the Office) and come up with something. After a few different ideas (including dressing up in 80's clothes and being characters from all the outdated church movies haha) I finally decided. Sister Lee and I are going to be the Stick of Judah and the Stick of Joseph. So we're trying to figure out how to make ourselves look like sticks. Ill send you pictures of the end result! Lol Make sure to send me pics of all of your costumes too!
Dang I dont have much time but I have another p-day on Monday (november 1st) because we're moving that day. So Ill make that one a good one! Real quick though I just wanted to tell you about a couple experiences that I had. Stake Conference was this past weekend and it was AWESOME! I love the Kirtland Stake President! His name is President Haymond and he reminds me A LOT of President Treadway. To open the conference all of us missionaries in the stake (about 30 of us) sang our mission song. It's to the tune of "We'll Bring the World his Truth". We sing it at all of our zone conferences and transfer meetings. The first verse is the same but the second and third verses and chorus have been changed. These are the words:
We have been called and we will obey
repent and work with our might each day
we'll call on him through fasting and prayer
and with His help we will be prepared

Chorus: We are in the Ohio Cleveland
we have prepared since our youth
and we are in the Ohio Cleveland
to bring Ohio His truth

We have been called to serve in the place
where Christ our Savior has shown his face
we know the words the Lord has proclaimed
Kirtland will be built up again!

repeat chorus

Wow, I get teary eyed just typing the words out lol. Everyone in the congregation was wiping away tears. It was powerful! Then we sang "called to serve" with the youth of the stake. They have a Kirtland Missionary Academy here (kinda like the one Pres Treadway started), so we sand with them. It was an amazing experience.
The other quick experience I wanted to share happened just last night. We ate dinner at President Haymond's house because he's in our ward. There are two sets of us Sisters in the ward so all 4 of us ate there. Anyways, at the end of the dinner he told us that our mission President (President Sorensen) e-mailed him and thanked him for letting us be a part of Stake Conference. President Haymond told us that he told President Sorensen, "The missionaries mean everything to me." He then went on to talk about how much he loves us and supports us. Tears were streaming down my face, and I looked around the table and the other Sisters were crying too... and Sister Haymond. It's hard to even explain except to say that the love emulating from President Haymond was something Ive never felt before. I got into the car afterwards and just continued to cry. (sometimes I wish this wasnt the way I felt the Spirit because it's so draining haha). Anyways, it was a really neat experience that I will always remember.

Well, I have to go. I love you all and hope you have a great Halloween!!!!! I pray for you daily and miss you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment