Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, March 8, 2010

Potentials

Hey Family!
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom! I sent you a card, but I don't know if it got there in time. So what did you do yesterday? Did you have a good day? I dont know if you and Dad tried to e-mail me or not but I didn't see anything, so once again I probably won't see it until next week :( Oh and by the way notice that I have a new e-mail account. They changed the format of our e-mails so we had to get a new one. It's almost the same though, just with an extra period.
Well not much has happened this week. Our only investigators canceled our appointment, so we've been in finding mode. We found some good potential investigators this week though so our hopes are high! Our mission has a new way of counting investigators. In most missions, a person becomes a new investigator when you set a return appointment with them. Here, however, they become a new investigator when we set a SECOND return appointment. The new way of counting makes it so that every new investigator is solid and truly interested. Hopefully our potentials will turn into new investigators! :) Yesterday was a beautiful day! The sun was out and it was somewhere in the 40's. I never thought I would be so happy to be in 40 degree weather! haha We did some tracting and found 7 potentials! Heavenly Father truly answers prayers. I prayed and fasted that we would be able to find people. When we first arrived to the street we planned on tracting I felt like I was on the "Truman Show" or something! I swear everybody was coming out of their homes (walking dogs, about to get into their cars, working in their garages, etc) and there were tons of people pulling into their driveways the exact moment that we arrived. Coincidence? I think not. Lol Sister Wilks and I just looked at each other and said in unison (sp?), "Are you kidding me?" It was awesome! That NEVER happens in Kirtland. We're lucky to find one maybe two potentials on a good day. We invited about 15 people to the Reflections Exhibit and are bringing our potentials Books of Mormon next week. Oh yeah I almost forgot, one man that we tracted into even gave us a $20 bill so we could buy dinner! We tried not to take it but he wouldnt take no for an answer. Since we couldn't spend it yesterday, we're gonna buy lunch today :)
The good weather has brought a lot more people to sites! I'm looking forward to the summer, but at the same time I'm a bit nervous. Bus loads of hundreds of people come here in the summer months so we will be giving tours non-stop. The Sisters who've been here in the summer say it's so fun, but at the same time it's super draining (physically and spiritually). Spring break is coming up here in a few weeks and from what I've heard we have some pretty big groups scheduled to come in. It should be fun!
Well fam I hope all is well. I miss you guys tons and pray for all of you daily! Have a great week!
Love ya!
Sister Kingston

p.s. Hey Dad, would you do me a huge favor and do my taxes? Pretty please! Thanks :)
Mom, tell the Wetencamp family (sp?) and young women's leaders and girls thank you for
letters and the yummy eggs! They were great! Ill try writing them a thank you note as soon
possible!

p.p.s Hey Cos, Just wanted to pass along the news that your referral accepted the missionaries to bring her a free copy of Finding Faith in Christ! We tried to call but I think someone wrote her number down wrong. Oh and would you do me a favor and send me some music for songs that could be sung in sacrament or firesides? We have very limited selections at the moment. Can you include the one that goes "...and if it so be that ye should labor" and then the one about Abraham and Isaac? Sorry I dont know titles lol. Oh and one last thing, sorry, tell everyone in the River City ward a big THANKS from me for all their letters! I just got them Saturday and they made my day! All the Sisters here said they wished their singles wards sent them letters! :) Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment