Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, March 22, 2010

Willoughby

Hey Mom and Family!
Whoa, Mom and Dad I loved your e-mails...so full of news! There was so much info that I can't even come up with responses to everything haha. Man, what would you two do without facebook? haha I'm glad to hear that everything's going well! Mom, last Monday I got the e-mail you sent snail mail, thanks! :)
Well, this past week has been kinda crazy! As all of you know I was transferred. My new area is Willoughby. It's right next to Kirtland. I'm actually still in the Kirtland Ward, which is pretty funny and confusing for the ward members. I moved from the Smith home into the Boynton home. The John Boynton home is on site, so we just walk to the Visitor's Center when it's our shift. John Boynton was an early member of the church but he apostatized. I live with 6 other sisters. (we have a triple up in our house). I know four of the sisters really well and love them tons! The other two sisters have been out full proselyting since I got here, so I'm trying to get to know them better. I miss the Smith home but I'm excited to be in Boynton. I have the same exact schedule that I had before just with a different companion and a different pros area. I'm still trying to get adusted, but I'm sure this will be a good transfer! My new comp is Sister Frisch. She's from St. Louis Missouri and has been out for about 14 months. She's only been back to Kirtland for one transfer, she was serving full proselyting for 6 months prior. She's still trying to get used to the half and half schedule and giving tours. Sites has been super busy this week! Spring Break has already begun for some. I'm sure these next few weeks will be even busier, Im excited :) The weather has been beautiful too! Not quite as warm as Sac, but it was sunny all week long and all of the snow has melted away. Unfortunately, it's raining today, and I know there's lots more heading our way. Those last couple sentences rhymed Lol.
Going to the John Johnson Farm last week was an awesome experience! The spirit was very strong. We took a few pics outside, and I was going to send them to you today, but I left my camera at home. Sorry! I'll have to send 'em next week. We are going to the temple this Saturday. I'm way excited! I haven't been inside the temple since my first day out in the field! I'll let you know how it goes.
Well, that's pretty much it for now. Hopefully, I'll have more to report next week. I'm excited to find and teach new investigators! There's nothing more rewarding than witnessing a change in someone for the better! The gospel changes lives and I know without a doubt that It's true! Love you all!!! :)
Sister Kingston
p.s. I saw Aggie last night at an investigator fireside! She came up to me and gave me a big hug and we were able to catch up. She's still being taught! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment