Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm being transferred

Hey Mom and Family!
Yeah it was weird that I didn't get any letters last week. I only changed my e-mail over after I checked the original in-box though so I don't know why they didn't show up? It was the saddest mail week ever! :(
Anywho, I'm glad to hear that Girl's Camp prep is going well. I never got a chance to see the movie "Up!" but I've heard it's a good one. You'll have lots of fun at camp! Happy Anniversary to Katrina and Kenji! I thought about you two the other day :) Im glad the shower went well also. Do you have a name picked out for the baby yet?
Things are good in Kirtland. I just found out that I'm being tranferred though, so I'm a bit nervous. We got the call last night from the A.P.'s. All 6 of us Hyrum Smith sisters were sitting in the living room when I got the call. After I hung up we all started to cry. I'm the only one being transferred out of the six of us. I won't be going very far away, but I loved my companion and the other Sisters in the house! We all got along so great and there was NEVER any drama. I'm sure I'll love where ever I go, but it won't be the same. So today my p-day will consist of laundry and packing. Once again I won't have time to hand write any letters :(
Despite tranfers, this week is going to be AWESOME! Tomorrow all 20 sisters are going to the John Johnson home for our training meeting. It will be my first time there. Joseph and Emma lived there for about a year. Joseph received revelations (D&C) there and he translated most of the Bible there. We are going tomorrow because it is the anniversary of the tar and feathering that occured. Even though Joseph was dragged out in the middle of the night, tarred, feathered, and severly beatin he got up the next day and preached from the front steps of the John Johnson home. As a result of that sermon three people were baptized that day. I'm super excited to be there and feel the spirit that's present!
Either this Saturday or the next we are going to have a special meeting in the Kirtland temple. It will be on the anniversary of the dedication.  Im excited! I haven't been in the temple since my first day out in the field. Ill let you know how it goes!
Well I have to go and start packing :( Thank you for all your support and love! I miss you all tons and hope you're having a great week! The gospel is true!
Love Sister Kingston
p.s. Mom can you send me my running shoes? They should be in my closet...the blue and white addidas. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment