Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter/Conference Sunday

Hey Mom and Fam!
I'm glad to hear you all had a good Easter/conference Sunday! It sounds like Katrina's gonna pop any day now...keep me posted! Tell all of the kids I said hi and that I miss them! So it was rainy there? The weather here was perfect! I think it was 75, with a nice cool breeze :) One day this week, it got up to 80. I thought 80 degrees would feel good but the humidity makes it seem a WHOLE lot hotter! Summer's gonna be intense.
I had a great day yesterday as well! Thanks for the Easter packages Mom! Thanks for sending my shoes too! All of us sisters in the Boynton home died eggs on Saturday night and ate egg salad sandwiches on Sunday :). We started our Easter by going to a morning service that the Community of Christ had in the Temple. They invited us, and we've always wanted to know what their church services were like. Normally they meet in a church building across the street from the Temple, but since it was Easter they met in the Temple. Us missionaries made up over half of the people who were in attendance. It was very interesting. They had a pastor who preached and talked about Easter. They placed a 5 foot cross draped with a crown of thorns, on the puplit where Joseph Smith used to sit and where Christ most likely appeared. It made me sad, yet I was happy to know that I belong to the true church with the correct priesthood authority!
After their service, they had a breakfast for us across the street. The food was pretty good :)
The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. We watched both sessions of conference at the visitor center. I loved it! It was weird being on east coast time though. The first session doesn't start until 12 and the last session ends at 6. Pretty late huh? My comp and I were able to watch all four sessions of conference! Some other companionships had to give tours, but luckily we didn't get called! Wasn't the theme of conference interesting? It was especially interesting watching it in a room full of sisters haha. It was funny to see the reaction of those who will be going home soon, they felt a little over whelmed haha. I loved all of the talks but my favorites were from Elder Holland (he's always my fav no matter what the subject is), President Uchtdorf, and President Monson (sunday morning session). I cant wait till the Ensign comes out so I can read ALL of the talks again!
After conference, we had dinner with a less active couple in our ward. They had a traditional Easter dinner complete with ham, rolls, funeral potatoes, etc. We had a good lesson with them too! Then we had an appointment with one of our investigators, we taught them a lesson, and then we went home. It was a great day!
Well, I have to go now. Hope all is well at home! Love you all bunches and thanks for everything!!! The gospel is true!
Sister Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment