Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, April 19, 2010

Book of Mormon Challenge

Hey Mom and fam!

Wow it sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you! But like you said, it will keep you out of trouble haha. Good luck with everything this week let me know how it goes! That's awesome that you're doing a B.O.M challenge! We did one as a mission recently. As we read we circled all of the references to Jesus Christ (i.e Lord, I am, Savior, Redeemer, His) and in another color we underlined Christ like attributes. You might want to do the same, it pretty neat. The Book of Mormon truly is Another Testament of Jesus Christ!

I'm jealous that you get to go to Boston! Take lots of pics and tell me all about it! Mother's Day is in just a few weeks, crazy! Are you gonna try and set up a conference call again? Mother's Day this year is 2 days away from my going home date (May 11, 2011). It's kinda scary to think about haha.

Well, this week was good. The mall was fun last Monday but kinda weird too! haha Three sisters go home this next week, and it's going to be really sad! They were my roommates for my first two transfers and I love them tons! We're losing 15 sisters in the next three transfers! There's gonna be lots of change in Kirtland.

Sister Frisch and I had a couple of powerful lessons with our investigators. We basically told them our purpose and that if they're not willing to do the work then we can't meet with them anymore. It's tough when you have to drop investigators, but we can't waste our time on those who won't commit when there are others waiting to be found. I've been focusing a lot on my purpose lately. We had zone conference a couple weeks ago and it was all about our purpose as missionaries. Studying chapter 1 in Preach My Gospel has helped me to truly understand my purpose. I encourage everyone to read from Preach My Gospel! It was written by the Prophet and Apostles. Our purpose statement was the last thing written in Preach because it took so much time to make it perfect.

Well, I have to go now. Thanks for writing Mom and Dad! I love you all tons and I'm grateful for the gospel and I know it blesses families!
Love,
Sister Kingston
p.s. Hey Mom I have a big favor to ask. Can you order me a new Preach My Gospel from the church's distribution center and have it shipped directly to me? I have an older version and just noticed that some things have been changed. I think it's only $6. Thanks!

p.p.s When you feed the Elders tell them I'm still trying to get info on Simone's schedule and that Ill call them as soon as I get it. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment