Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, March 14, 2011

"This Preach My Gospel is good stuff"


Hello!
Happy Birthday Mom!! I hope you have a great day and know that I'll be thinking of you! I even wrote it in my planner at the beginning of the transfer :) Thanks for the congrats about BYU! Im super excited too! Dad, Im glad you had a good trip to Westminster Woods. Mom it sounds like you had a good visit with Grandma even though it was short! 
I hope the new member lesson goes well.Don't you love the ups and downs of missionary work? I'll be excited to participate when I get home. Dad, the stake activity sounds really cool! You should study lesson 1 in preparation. It's in Chapter 3 in Preach My Gospel. By the way, we'll be studying a lot from PMG as a family when I come home haha! We're even going to role play! Youre gonna love it! Ive been thinking a lot lately about teaching at the MTC when I attend BYU. It's super hard to get a job there, so Im not banking on it, but I would LOVE it!
 
This past weekend we got to witness a pretty cool baptism! The other Sisters in our ward found the Jones family a couple months ago. Sister McAlister had always noticed their house and how cute it was. So one day they stopped by and the rest is history. The family was super interested. Brother and Sister Jones and their two kids Joey (17) and Jordan (15) are solid! They act like theyve been members all their lives! Brother Jones recently got a copy of Preach My Gospel and he studies it along with the scriptures. The other Sisters received a text from him one day saying, "This Preach My Gospel is good stuff!" haha
Their baptism was Saturday and there were so many people there, we had to hold most of the service (except for the actual baptism of course) in the chapel. The Spirit was so strong! The next day it was even stronger as we watched all four of them receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Polly...or Sister Jones, was in tears and the rest of the family was beaming. They now have found true happiness and it emanates as they live the gospel!
 
Not much else to report. Well, we set a baptismal date with our investigator Jaclyn, but she broke the Word of Wisdom so we'll have to push it back now. We're still excited for her though because she sincerely wants to change! I'll let you know how it goes.
 
I hope all of you have a great week! I love you all! The gospel is true!
 
Love Sister Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment