Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, February 7, 2011

mormon.org


Hello Family!
Im glad you all had a great Sabbath! We were in the referral center last night and it was interesting to call people during the super bowl. I dont know why people answer their phones when they dont have time to talk? Mom, I should be able to go on the trip to Kirtland. You cant come here without me! Im not sure if I'll be going to Hawaii after all. Ive talked to some of the other Sisters and none of us can really afford it. We're hoping she'll have a reception in Utah so we can all go to that. We'll see, but for now just plan on me coming with you :) I just checked the status of my BYU applications (I applied to Provo and Idaho) and my transcripts made it in on time! YAY! Now, I just have to wait to see if I get in. Sister Stewart thinks that it takes about a month or so to hear back. If they send anything to the house be sure to forward it to me here, pretty please!
 
Well, we're still looking for investigators at this point. We have the faith that we'll find someone this week! We had a district fast yesterday to find.
We had a cool experience yesterday at the Visitors' Center. A couple came in for a quick tour. They only had about 30 minutes. They are from North Olmsted which is about an hour from Kirtland. Theyre non-members but they had been here before (about a year and a half ago) took a full tour and loved it. They were on a weekend get away and decided to come back. Sister Stewart and I showed them the film and then took them on a quick walk through of the Whitney Store. After the movie, we asked them what their favorite part was. Wendy replied, "I dont know if I have a favorite part, I just like how it makes me feel." After talking for a while longer we found out that she used to live in Utah and has met with missionaries before. She called herself an LDS scholar. She's very intellectual and told us that she understands everything intellectually but has a hard time making the spiritual connection. She's read tons of books on Mormonism and has a lot of respect for us and what we do. We invited her to once again have the missionaries in her home (it's been years) so they can help her find out if this is true. We told her that the feeling she feels here comes when we recognize truth and light. She self referred! Her husband is open as well, he's never met with missionaries before. Well, turns out she lives in the A.P.'s area. These Elders are the best! They'll definitely help her to make the spiritual connection (we call one of them the Boy Prophet!). It's neat to see how the Lord leads people to Kirtland and how their lives are touched by coming here!
 
Well, I hope you all have a great week! Did you ever make your profiles on mormon.org? Read about it in last months Ensign! I love this work, I love my Savior and words cant describe how Ive come to know Him here in Kirtland. Thank you all for your love and support!
 
Love,
Sister Kingston
- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment