Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Still in Kirtland . . . Yay!

Hello Everyone!

Mom and Dad thanks soooo much for the Halloween package! It was a pleasant surprise! Are you all ready for Halloween? Is the house decorated with the usual? Remember when the kids used to call you "Scary Grandma"? haha. What's everyone gonna be this year? So we have a big dinner for Halloween and all of us Sisters are supposed to dress up...but we have to be characters from the scriptures. We're still trying to think of something creative so if you have any suggestions let me know! I saw some pics from last year and they were pretty amazing. One companionship was the Tree of Life and the Iron Rod haha. Another was Samuel the Lamanite and the Brick Wall. So we have some big shoes to fill. Send me your ideas! Tell Max and Leslie hi for me! Hope you have fun together! Tell Taizo and Hillary congrats, I didnt even know she was pregnant haha. Dad it's so weird to me that youre not off track this month. How are you liking the new schedule?
Well Im trying to remember what happened this week. Transfer week is always a big blur. We got our schedule for this transfer and it looks like we're still going to be in Kirtland three days a week!!! I thought we would move down to two days a week since it's slowing down, but the Lord must have known how much I would have missed sites so he allowed me to stay half and half :) The highlight of the week was when our investigator Lakeisha came to church. We havent been able to meet with her for three or four weeks now and she hasnt been coming to church. We fasted to be able to see a miracle in our area. Seeing her walk through those doors was the greatest feeling! To make matters better, after sacrament she came up to me and whispered in my ear, "Who do I pay my tithes to?" I just about died with excitement. Tonight we're meeting with her for the first time since then and hoping to set a baptismal date! Ill let you know how it goes!
Well I better go. Im short on time because I have to start school applications today. Time to face the reality that my mission will one day come to a close. Im applying for BYU Provo and Long Beach State so we'll see what happens. Anyways, I love you all so much and thanks for all you do! Youre all so amazing! The gospel is true! Have a great week!
Here are just a few pics Ive taken with my new camera. Ill take some more this week and send them next week.


Pic 1: Me and my District. Elders Carter and Hunt in the back are the Kirtland Zone Leaders.

In the Front: Sister Lee (my companion), Sister Schwanke, Sister Mazza, and me :)

Pics 2-3: At Pioneer school. We get to dress up like pioneers and teach elementary school kids how to make candles

Pics 4-5: Kirtland! The white building is the Newell K Whitney Store.

Pic 6: Me just outside the Visitor Center

pic 7: Mom do you recognize Sister Schwanke's outfit?! haha I went to the bathroom and came back and she was wearing it. She was just sitting and working away making phone calls like nothing was different haha. It was pretty funny!





No comments:

Post a Comment