Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

School of the Prophets

Hey Mom and Family,
Wow, thanks for the rundown on the reunion. Sounds like all of you had lots of fun! Ill be looking forward to seeing those pics! Im not gonna lie though, missing the reunion does hurt my heart a little. It sounds like everyone was there except for James and me :( Tell everyone that they ALL better come next year too!
So Ive been having my bff out here (Sister Wright) call Uncle Max's mom and talk with her about the gospel. Shaefer gave me her name as a referral. Sister Wright talked with her for a good 45 minutes this past Sunday, and she's going to keep calling her every couple weeks to see how she's doing. She left her with some scriptures to read and sent the missionaries to her house so hopefully all will go well.
Well, I dont really have much to report this week. We still dont have any investigators in my new area. We have a few potentials though so thats good. Sites has been crazy! Ive even had to take some tours by myself. There were so many groups that we had to split up companionships. On Friday we had about 1600 people come through. One of my favorite tours thus far was one that I took by myself the other day. The youth group was from Las Vegas. There were about 60 of them, and I took about 20 on my tour. They were the sweetest kids ever! My favorite room is the School of the Prophets. The spirit there is amazing. After reciting a testimony by John Murdock, I bore my testimony that Christ lives and loves us all. I tried not to cry, but I couldnt help it. Normally, however, if I do cry I at least have a companion there to jump in when I can no longer speak. When I felt the tears coming on I thought to myself, "oh no, what am I going to do!" Fortunately for me the man who organizes this youth trip (this was his 36th time) was on the tour and he asked if we could sing a hymn. One of the kids suggested "I Know that My Redeemer Lives". So, we sang the first verse of the hymn and it was powerful. Ill always remember that tour. I saved some of the comment cards that the kids left and Im putting them in my journal :)
Sister Shoell and I met a cool man last night while tracting. He was sitting out on his front porch enjoying the cool summer breeze. His name is John Turner. John is 60 years old, African American, and has dark blue eyes. Just by looking at him you can tell that he's had a rough life. After talking with us for a while he told us that he's been trying to change his life around. We taught him the healing power of the Atonement and that he can be forgiven of things he did in the past. Before we left we asked if he would offer a prayer. We knelt in his front yard and he prayed, probably for the first time in years. Maybe even for the first time ever. After he closed, he had tears in his eyes. He was so humble and sincere. We're going back tonight to give him a Book of Mormon, Ill let you know how it goes. Well that's pretty much all I have to report. Hope everyone is back safe and sound at home. I love you all! Ill be thinking of you on the 4th!!
Sister Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment