Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Busy Summer!

Hey Mom Dad and Family!
Dad , Happy belated Father's day! It sounds like you had a good day up at the farm. Tell everyone at the reunion I said hello and update me on how everyone's doing! That's cool that Jake gets to be baptized in the river! Take pictures! Who from Auntie Leslie's family will be there? If Mike and his wife are there tell them the Sisters here who know them loved them! Mike sold security systems(?) in Ohio last summer and lived in one of the ten areas that sisters serve in. My last companion Sister Frisch was serving in their ward. She said they probably wont remember her, but she was super impressed with them. Kate talked with her one night at an activity and Sister Frisch said Kate made her feel normal because she talked to her as if she didnt just see the name tag :)
Mom Im so proud of you for being a missionary! I used to think it was so hard to talk to people about the gospel, but really its not. What do you have to lose? The worst they can do is say no, and you move on to the next person until you find people who are prepared to accept. You should carry around pass along cards with you. I like the "Finding Faith in Christ" cards and the "Book of Mormon" cards. They have a website on the back that I always tell people to check out (mormon.org). I challenge you to get some from the missionaries in Grandma's ward and then give at least one away as you travel home. All you have to do is say, "Can I give you this card? It's for a free Book of Mormon. Reading the Book of Mormon has helped me find happiness and I know it can do the same for you." You can tweak it to your liking of course. Let me know how it goes :)
Well this week has been good. As far as investigators go we don't really have any. We are in finding mode. We have one at the moment but he's what we call an internigator. He's been investigating for a year and a half now. His name is Tony and he's a youth minister. I love him, dad he looks like Emit Smith haha. Tonight will be my first sit down lesson with him so I'll let you know how it goes. I love Tony's neighborhood. He lives in Maple Heights. It's part of my new area and it's just outside of Cleveland. There are a lot of humble people there.
Sites are getting busier and busier. This Friday we have over 1,000 people scheduled to come. Not to mention all of the families that come through. There are some extra things happening this summer too. We have the Emma festival, held in the Kirtland Temple in July. "This is Kirtland" a play put on by the Kirtland stake is every weekend in July. We just had strawberry festival (it's a carnival at the Kirtland Highschool) where all of us Sisters sang. We also had a BBQ with the Community of Christ this past week. I have a feeling that summer is going to fly by.
Well I'd better get going. Have fun on vacation and dont forget to write me! Tell everyone at the reunion to write me too!! Love you all!

Sister Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment