Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My new companion is Sister Golightly


Hi Everyone!
Mom I didnt get to take President Treadway's friend on tour because I didnt get the e-mail until today. Im not at Sites on Thursdays. If I had known earlier, I could've arranged something, but hopefully she still had a good experience! I'm glad you all had a good conference weekend! I LOVE general conference! I took it for granted before my mission. I dont think I can go back to watching it at home. There's something about wearing your Sunday best and being in a church setting, that makes it more meaningful. Two of our investigators came and I know they both felt the Spirit. It was AWESOME! Our investigator Khadijah, who's Muslim, noticed specific things said by the Apostles that she had just been thinking about. It was cool.
 
All of the talks were great but my favorites came from President Uchdorft, Elder Bednar, Elder Scott, and President Monson. It was a neat experience to watch conference in the Visitors Center theatre as President Monson mentioned Kirtland! The closing hymn was the icing on the cake! I feel like I'll cry every time I hear the Spirit of God after my mission.
 
My new companion is Sister Golightly. She's from the DC area and she's awesome! We're going to tear it up this transfer! We have a lot of ideas for finding new investigators that we're stoked about! Sorry Mom no pictures of the two of us. Actually, you probably wont be getting any pictures for the rest of my mission. My camera is really poor quality so I never take pictures. I have my companions take pics and then I put them on a disc for myself. Yeah it's a pain, but it does the trick.
 
Sorry this e-mail's kind of lame! I'll try to include something more exciting next week. I have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Listening to God's chosen servants these past few days has strengthened my testimony ten fold. I hope it was the same for all of you! Have a great week!
 
Love Sister Kingston
- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment