Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Sister Stewart & Sister Kingston

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Butterfields left!


Hello Everyone!
 
Thanks Mom for getting back to me about the reunion! I will for sure make it! I'm still trying to figure out how Im going to afford Hawaii? Could you have Cosa or Katrina look up flights for me? If you know of anyone who can help a poor sister missionary let me know! haha
Mom, I'm so happy to hear that youre helping the missionaries! You dont know how hard it is (at least out here) to find willing members to help teach and give rides to investigators. Im proud of you :) Dad sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck! Im glad the farewell was a good experience!
 
This week was another slow one. Sister Stewart was sick, so we had to stay in a couple days. Here's some exciting news...our area is on fire! LITERALLY! We got a call from our ward mission leader this morning telling us that Fairport Harbor is being evacuated. I guess there was a gas leak and some of the houses caught on fire. The fire fighters still havent located the leak, so theyre evacuating the city. Sister Stewart and I are hoping that we'll have opportunities to provide service there a little later this week. Disasters are opportunities to find because people are humble. So sad yet so true.
 
Speaking of sad, the Butterfields have officially left :(  My heart broke a little when I had to say goodbye. Saturday morning Elder Butterfield had to finish some paper work before hitting the road. He told Sister Stewart and me to come into his office, close the doors, and take a seat. He then talked about the Edmans and how they would be great and how it was their time to leave. Sister Stewart and I, and Sister Butterfield, all started to cry at that point. Sister Butterfield told us how much she loves us and appreciates all we do. We talked for about 20 minutes and then it was time for the real thing. We had a tour to get to and they had to hit the road. Elder Butterfield stands up and tells Sister Butterfield to give us our hugs. Man, I'm almost tearing up now just thinking about it. I hate goodbyes! I sobbed as she gave me a hug and told me she loved me. I then turned to Elder B and extended my hand. He shook my hand (at this point I couldnt say anything because I was crying so hard) and then said, "Next time I see ya, Im gonna give ya a hug." That made me feel a little better. After saying goodbye, we went down to take our tour. I had two minutes to get it together. You know me, once I start it's hard to stop. The Lord blessed me though I was able to stop crying just before going on tour. My eyes were still blood shot and Im sure they were wondering what was wrong with me haha. The tour was half of the BYU gymnastics team...they were here for a competition. It was a good tour.
Anyways, the Edmans will be great. We took them on tour with the Butterfields the day they arrived. They are sweet. We have our first official meeting with them today. I miss the Butterfields, but change is good. The Butterfields are amazing, and words cant even describe the impact they've had on my life. They called us yesterday! They had only been traveling for a day and they already got 3 referrals! They're taking the back roads so they can meet as many people as possible! They truely are amazing!
 
Well, I have to get going. I love you all! Here's your assignment for the week...go to mormon.org and make a profile! The brethren have advised us missionaries to use mormon.orgmore. Theyre encouraging us and members every
where to make profiles. There's an article about it in this months Ensign!
This gospel is true!!!!
 
Love,
Sister Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment